VDA 6.3 – Qualification for process auditor
(3rd completely revised edition 2016)
In 2016, the established audit standard VDA 6.3 (2nd edition 2010) was revised by the VDA working group and specified on the basis of experience and feedback.
The aim was to simplify evaluation and the alignment of the questionnaire with the new requirements. The revision focussed on auditability on site in the processes and a limitation to process-specific contents. Thus, the risks in the supply chain and product life cycle processes can be specifically analysed, so that weaknesses in the procedures and their interfaces can be identified, corrective action can be introduced and opportunities for improvement can be determined.
Simultaneously the existing questionnaire was further consolidated, terms and definitions were harmonised, in order to guarantee consistency with VDA maturity level assurance and further VDA volumes and the resulting applicability.
VDA 6.3 – Qualification for Process Auditor
Using the process approach and the respective customer-specific requirements, this training teaches you the basics for VDA 6.3 process auditors.
The introduction to the basics of process auditing includes general requirements, methods, principles, assessment scheme and risk analysis.
Furthermore, the underlying questionnaire is explained according to the assigned process elements, so that through the process audit you can identify the respective risks and potentials along the supply chain.
- Correlation with other requirements
- Overview of the three different types of audits and explanation of the differences
- Overview of the contents of the individual VDA 6.3 chapters
- Introduction to the process approach for risk analysis according to the Turtle model
- Audit process from the audit programme to the completion of the audit
- Planning and conducting a process audit
- Assessment scheme of a process audit
- Code of conduct for process auditors
- Process element 2 – project management
- Process element 3 – planning product and process development
- Process element 4 – realisation of product and process development
- Process element 5 – supplier management
- Process element 6 – process analysis production
- Process element 7 – customer service
- Attribution and assessment of audit findings
- Audit report, documentation and conclusion
- Process element 1 – potential analysis
- Introduction to the current SI’s and FAQ’s
These training steps guide you through the basic requirements for process audits and enable integrated application in automotive industry. These basics are used to correct, stabilise and optimise processes, and are developed in the exercises and case examples. The aim is to assure a reliable assessment.
- Knowledge of main quality tools and methods
- Knowledge of applicable management system requirements
- Knowledge of further applicable customer-specific requirements
- Product and process-specific knowledge in the planned field of operation
- depending on field of operation, relevant professional experience according to VDA volume 6.3
- Auditor qualification based on DIN EN ISO 19011 (only for supplier auditors as external service providers or participants who additional want to sit the exam for „certified process auditor)
QM personnel tasked with conducting audits in their own organisation (internal) or in the supply chain (externally). Furthermore, this training also addresses external auditors (assigned as service providers).
The VDA 6.3 vol. (2016) is handed out to the participants during the training. Furthermore, we offer each day coffee, different beverages and little snacks. For lunch we invite the participants to a local restaurant.
VDA 6.3 – Examination for certified Process Auditor
Process auditors VDA 6.3 in the product life cycle.
Admission to the exam day after successful review of your application
- Successful completion of “VDA 6.3 Qualification for process auditor“
- Successful attendance of „VDA 6.3 – Upgrade training: from VDA 6.3 (2010) to VDA 6.3 (2016)“, if previously qualified to VDA 6.3 (2010) (at least 3 days, not longer than 3 years ago)
- Auditor qualification based on DIN EN ISO 19011 (i. E. VDA Auditor)
- At least 5 years industrial experience, of which at least 2 in QM
For the card we need a digital photo in JPEG format in advance.
1 day (written and oral exam)